Reflective writing is an extremely useful writing methodology that can be used in all academic disciplines (from the hard sciences to the arts) and professional contexts to improve your writing productivity and analytical skills. Writing reflectively helps the author link theory with practice, and learn to provide in-depth analysis of subject matter, rather than just recalling it through narrative. It also enables writers to embed their own experiences and worldviews into their writing, if required.
- What is reflective writing?
- Why is reflective writing useful in your own context?
- Reflective writing methods
- Adapting reflective writing from informal to formal pieces
- Time to write reflectively and discuss with the group
This workshop develops
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Writing methodologies