Eliza Howard PhD | Facilitation. Strategy. Research. Writing.
Building strategy, policy, and team culture. I can:
- Develop and host engaging custom workshops, retreats, and meetings
- Design, lead, and internal and external policy, stakeholder, and consumer research
- Provide strategic recommendations based on evidence-based findings
- Help you communicate and implement positive strategies and policies
I am an independent expert facilitator, strategist, speaker, and researcher with over 20 years of experience. I have worked with the higher education, media, corporate, and government sectors. Based in Brisbane, Australia, I am available to run in-person workshops globally.
- Senior Research Communication Strategy development with a high-ranking Australian university
- Research leadership and supervision workshop with a Hong Kong university
- National Code of Ethics project with a 14,000 member Australian allied health organisation
- Regular research workshops for Higher Degree by Research candidates at Australian universities
- Design and host annual strategy days for 120+ staff organisations
I can help you with:
- Team retreats, workshops, and meetings: Host interactive, meaningful, and fun events. Use facilitation methodology to build teams, gather feedback and write well-researched strategies for team or organisation-wide development
- Strategy: Develop team and organisational strategy to improve goals and outcomes
- Coaching: Strengthen professional skills, including: writing, public speaking, networking, planning, and productivity
- Private research: Clarify complex ideas and solve problems through structured and semi-structured workshops and one-on-one sessions
- Writing and ghostwriting: Translate research and ideas into mass communication pieces
- All of the above!: Improve strategic thinking and analytical skill-sets
I create unique and entertaining workshop experiences for teams using a structured and semi-structured workshop formats. I can create bespoke workshops to help your business brainstorm a particular problem, and can follow-up with high-level analysis of the issues and their potential solutions. I also have a suite of ready-made (à-la-carte) skills workshops ready for groups from between 5 and 200+ people. I am available for emcee and lecturing duties.
For more detail on what I do, please click here.
**Flish was named after my three energetic sons.
Ideas Woman, Owner
PhD, JP (Qual) (Qld)
LinkedIn Top Voice
A highly experienced research educator and developer, lecturer, facilitator, emcee, and writer with a passion for research communication, research integrity and ethics. My work in the higher education (University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, and Griffith University) has seen me run hundreds of unique workshops for thousands of high-performing people in Australia and internationally. I started my career in the media (Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Australian Radio Network, Austereo) and government sectors (Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council), which saw me broadcast to hundreds of thousands of Australians.
As an Australian Fulbright Postgraduate Scholar, I spent almost two years in Washington D.C. working as a visiting research scholar at the Elliot School of International Affairs at The George Washington University. I am now on the Discipline Committee for the selection of new Fulbright Scholars.
I take pride in my art—communication—no matter the medium or media: writing, speaking, teaching, and listening. The key for me is to get people to not just listen, but to understand. I was named by LinkedIn as a Top Voice in 2022.
I love solving challenging problems.
In my spare time, I wrangle three sons, run, read, and do pilates–sometimes all at once. I also eat avocado toast, drink coffee (you read the bit about twins, right?), AND have a mortgage. Full disclosure: I am also addicted to Netflix.
Australian Fulbright Alumni Association (Life Member)
Women on Boards
Current Work Bio
Experienced facilitator and research education leader available for consulting duties with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Strong research professional skilled in public speaking, facilitation, graduate education, strategy, nonprofit organisations, intercultural communication, government, research design, and program evaluation.
Follow me on LinkedIn.